4x4 Tech, Builds, Etc. > 4x4 Builds

My K10 Build

<< < (6/12) > >>

78SWB:
I figured I should update this. I know some of you have been lurking on starcity, but i'll post anyways.

Went down to the Lupe River with some people a few weekends ago.



Found quick sand





Took over an hour and 2 winches to get me out.

Draining D44 fluid



Somehow broke the spider gears in the 44





Chipped the ring gear in 2 places.





Cracked the carrier



I think im going to replace the carrier and spider gears with a Detroit or find a used carrier and get a lock-rite. Or find a Dana 60, but that's pretty unlikely at this point.

78SWB:
Found out I had a broken u-joint.





Picked up the CUCV 14 bolt with a DETROIT LOCKER!! That will be nice.



Not sure who makes these, but it came with caliper brackets for the disc conversion.




78SWB:


Detroit



Apart



Back together



Open CUCV 14



Got done with that part, so I moved on to the disc brake swap. Pulled these rocks out of one of the drums.



Brackets need some paint.




78SWB:
*As of last night*

Still need calipers and the rear will be done so I can start on the part I broke. Its going to be like this for a while cause I ran out of play money for this thing.





Jeepinsker:
Might reconsider sandblasting your inner axle components with river water. ;)

Looks good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version